And other updates you need to know
The pandemic we face today has introduced us to a new way of life. The activities that we once knew as “normal” suffered a gigantic transformation and forced us to adapt faster that we could. If on the one hand we see the defeat of many retaillers and entrepreneurs, on the other hand we see the positivity with which they face these obstacles, a lot of times reflected in the new ways of operating, untill wearing a mask becomes as natural as wearing shoes.
B.free! works with thousand of retailers and has been playing a role of expert when it comes to Tourism and Shopping Tourism, so we would like our readers to know that if you think b.Free! is in a position to help your business rise again, feel free to leave us a message. B.free! owns a platform with over 70 000 tourists signed up so we can be a good way for you to give visibility to your shop, travel agency, or any kind of business relevant to the Touristic Sector.
As a result, we will do everything we can to cooperate with you, but we also want to give some notes on how the situation is right now, specially in Portugal and Spain, and what are the guidelines for the retailers.
What you should know:
- Firstly, it is still dangerous to gather with people you do not actually need to be with. You should keep your social distancing ongoing for as long as you can.
- Secondly, within the scope of border control, tourist and leisure travel between the two countries is prevented, with only the transport of goods, cross-border workers, emergency and rescue vehicles being allowed. The land borders between Portugal and Spain will remain closed until midnight on June 15th according to the resolution of the Councils of Ministers of this Wednesday, May 27th, in Diário da República. The resolution establishes that between 0:00 am on 14 May and 0:00 am on 15 June 2020, «without prejudice to reassessment every 10 days and possible extension, the control of people at Portuguese internal borders is restored».
- As a result of a positive outcome of the confinement in Portugal, yesterday, 1st of June, marked the reopening of the Shopping Centres, with the Metropolitan Area of Lisbon being left out of this decision, due to the fact that there is still a big concern related to new cases.
- Shopping centers remain closed in the Metropolitan Area of Lisbon until June 4, according to the third phase of the Government’s deconfination plan, approved today by the Council of Ministers.
- In Spain, Areas that reach phase 2 of scaling down will see how shopping centers will open again. It will be a great news, highly anticipated for a sector of workers in this area. Although stores were already opened during phase 1, the new measures will allow openings in large stores.
For that matters, we wat you to keep focused on the important news: There is a plan for your store, for your clients and for retail to slowly get back to normal, hopefully stronger than ever.
From b.free! you can rest assure that there will always be a partner on this side, ready to help you to reach your costumers, increase sales and grow your brand.
Now more than ever, we are together as one.